Sunday, March 5, 2017

Welcome!

Hello,
My name is Bryson Alderton (I prefer Bryce) and I am seeking a single-subject credential in English. My goal is to teach high school students. TED 632 will be my ninth class at National. I am currently a news reporter for the Daily Pilot, a community newspaper that serves coastal cities of Orange County such as Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach. I cover Laguna Beach, focusing primarily on city government and education.
A little more than a year ago I started contemplating making a career change into teaching because of the impact I could have on students, and the myriad opportunities the education field offers: instruction, administration, writing and editing for textbooks and curriculum. Several friends and members of my girlfriend's family are teachers and they all love their jobs. They said it's hard work, but well worth it. I'm looking forward to the challenge of leading my own classroom and want to help students help become the best writers they can be -- hence the name of this blog. I believe my journalism expertise will be an asset in helping students with their writing and reading comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment